A magnitude 6.1 earthquake shook parts of Luzon including Metro Manila on Monday afternoon, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) reported.
Based on Earthquake Information No. 2 of Phivolcs, the epicenter of the tectonic quake struck 18 km. northeast of Castillejos, Zambales at around 5.11 p.m.
It has a depth of 12 kilometers, and felt in Metro Manila and other areas in Luzon.
- Intensity V -San Felipe, Zambales; Malolos and Obando, Bulacan; Quezon City; Lipa, Batangas;
Manila City; Abucay, Bataan; Valenzuela City; Magalang, Pampanga
- Intensity IV – Pasig City; Makati City; Caloocan City; Meycauayan and San Jose Del Monte,
Bulacan; Floridablanca, Pampanga; Villasis, Pangasinan; Tagaytay City; Villasis, Pangasinan;
Baguio City; Marikina City; Las Pinas City
- Intensity III – Dasmarinas, Indang and Gen. Trias, Cavite; Lucban, Quezon; Muntinlupa City,
Cabanatuan City; Palayan City; Gapan City; Santo Domingo and Talavera, Nueva Ecija
- Intensity II – Baler, Aurora
- Intensity V – Angeles City; Malolos, Bulacan;
- Intensity IV – Quezon City; San Juan City; Pasig City; Muntinlupa City; Gapan City; Cabanatuan
City; Tagaytay City; San Ildefonso, Bulacan
- Intensity III – Mauban, Quezon; Talisay, Batangas; Guagua, Pampanga; Olongapo City
- Intensity II – Lucena City; Dolores and Lucban, Quezon; Dagupan City; Daet, Camarines Norte
- Intensity I – Guinayangan, Quezon; Calatagan, Batangas; Magalang, Pampanga; Sinait, Ilocos Sur
Phivolcs said aftershocks and damages are expected from the 6.1 quake. (PNA | Photos by Gizelle Galang Puno, Lance Lauren)