Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA) is eyeing to add 8 more missionary routes proposed by shipping operators in support of the Road Roll-on / Roll-off Terminal System (RRTS).
The eight new RORO routes was presented by Marina in the recent oversight meeting of the House Committee on Transportation in addition to 19 Roro missionary routes in January.
The proposed new routes are the following:
- Iloilo City to Cuyo, Palawan
- Tabuelan Cebu to Ajuy, Iloilo
- Daanbantayan, Cebu to Calbayog City, Samar
- Laoay, Bohol to Cagayan de Oro
- San Juan, Batangas to Calapan, Oriental Mindoro
- San Pascual, Burias Island, Masbate to Pasacao, Camarines Sur
- San Andres, Quezon to Pasacao, Camarines Sur
- Lucena, Quezon to San Fernando, Masbate
More Travel Posts:
Marina is set to issue a letter of approval that that will give proponent shipping operator four months to start vessel operation on the proposed routes while processing their Certificate of Public Convenience (CPC).
Proponent shipping operators who has CPC will enjoy five-year route protection or protection of investment, including a 50% discount on processing of regular fees on all applications and renewal of documents, licenses, certificates, and permits of their vessels.
Missionary routes provide one or more direct points connecting ports that have no existing shipping services due to geographical limitation or absence of market viability.(via Radio Pilipinas)